Friday, October 7, 2011

Hurricane Irene


          Questions

  • What time of the year do hurricanes occur? Why do they only happen during that time? Hurricanes mostly occur during the summer and where there is lots of warm water. They happen only during this time because when a hurricane contacts warm water, it gathers more energy.
  • How can the timing of the tides effect the devastation of a hurricane? The high tides during a hurricane effect a lot more an area because the rivers, streams, lakes and oceans overflow faster.
  • If an area is fully saturated, will a hurricane have more or less impact on an area? A hurricane will have more impact because since the ground is fully saturated, the water can start taking trees with itself and block the streets.
  • How does groundwater saturation affect rivers and streams? The ground water saturation affects the rivers and streets in the way that it adds more water and the rivers get overflow.  
         Reflection 
  • What is something that you liked about this mini-project? I liked how I learned about hurricanes, about how they form, what causes a hurricanes and the effects.
  • What was difficult for you in this project? I did not have difficulties in this project at all. 
  • What would you change about your work on this project? I think that I would have been much more creative with my worksheets. 
  • How did this project help you learn about Hurricane Irene? This project helped me a lot because before I didn't even know what caused a hurricane and so now I realize that Hurricanes don't happen from one day to another. 

1 comment: